Saturday, January 19, 2019

Good bye to 2018....

I pretty much decided to not do any writing for the year of 2018-  kinda felt bad about it because there was so many awesome things that were happening at the shop, but in honor of staying focused on the clients and what was going on with Toni and the other crew, I just couldn't get to it. It is challenging being able to execute everything that you want to, especially when the creative ideas are brimming or dying to come to fruition.

I found myself repeatedly 'steadying' myself.  I had a mantra~ "easy woman, it will all happen, it will all get done."

And most definently, a lot of projects did get done indeed.

In the future I am planning on writing more, so I can use my Instagram page as a pictorial without having to write so much explanation for pieces. But it shows up, time and time again, that the people wanting to get tattoos need continued education, if you will.

My whole idea is how to enjoy the tattoo process for both people. The collector/the wearer and for the artist. Your artist needs to trust themselves with doing the tattoo not just the client trusting the artist.
More on that whole thing later...

2018 was one of the best years Valkyrie has experienced. The amount of tattoos we did this past year was so many- our Saturdays were jammed at the shop! It was such a magnificent year, full of love, creativity and inspiration. We picked up so much momentum at the shop, it was quite the buzz.
Toni, my apprentice started tattooing after spending over a year or more just being the intern.
Truly a very exciting time for the shop. The current crew is so happy to work with each other, it has been a easy going crew for sure.  I love it when the shop has that feeling of everyone gets along and is motivated to work hard and is inspired and inspiring each other and trusting each other- more trust, more bonding, for everyone who enters the space = better tattoos.

Here is some recent pics of Toni, working away- she's becoming a killer tattoo artist, very quickly in my opinion :)

This is a sister gardener named Jen who, raises these butterflies in her garden! She took those pics!

My viking brother Harry, I finally tattooed a "helm of awe" on him. He deserved it. He got clean and sober and had been hittin' the gym and exercising like the true badass warrior he is, so here is his (AEGLISHJALMUR)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Skal! Skal! Skal!

No comments:

Post a Comment