Monday, March 16, 2015

Media- influence and inspiration.

I like to check out what's happening on Pinterest...I often use Google images, interest and instagram for visual aids.
There is a lot of people that bring in pictures from Pinterest for reference for their tattoo design. Mostly women that is.  I like to surf Pinterest and I have quiet a few boards going, myself. But I have to say that I see a theme. For example a lot of the 'pin-uppy' pics of girl/models all look the same to me. And the tattoos that they choose, I have seen a hundred times. All the girls on there look like Kat Von D. I know she has a lot of influence over how girls get tattoos in the early 2000's...It just seems to me like originality is lacking.
Maybe it is me and my shop but it is nice that people are not asking for the same old thing over and over.
So, I think what I am recommending is to only use certain media as reference- like pinterest and google image- use it only as a rough idea and push the idea farther so it is not the same 'ole.
A big purpose back in the day for collecting tattoos was to stand out from all others- have some individualization.
Now, to blend in with the crowd- get a tattoo?

As your personal tattoo adviser- trust me if I want to go the extra mile and draw you something different then your print out from the internet, let me do it. :)
/http://www.pinterest.com/valkyrie213/


No comments:

Post a Comment