Saturday, December 28, 2013

ART SHOW Dec 2013

Winding down 2013 is quite something. It reminds me of when my daughter (almost a year) is overly tired and so she compensates by going ape shit...It is climactic indeed.
So, when I had this opportunity to show my art at a salon in Petaluma at Dukes and Dolls Salon, I was all for it. I had taken at least 5 years off of showing my art in public outside of the shop and I have taken a very long break of painting since the pregnancy and then having Sonja was all that I focused on in the past 2 years. I mostly painted late at night once the house was asleep except me-
"The Magical Steed" (SOLD)
I started out painting a anatomical heart-
"Heart" (SOLD)
"SHIP"- home ward bound (SOLD)
I also did a smaller one framed, but I did not get a pic of it before someone bought it...
Then I went into a nautical direction. I painted the ship, octopus, shrimp- that I titled "Briney the elder", get it? Ha.
Which led me to a mystical part which was the key, a steed and the all seeing eye (not pictured)...It was then ( whilst doing these pieces) on October 17 that my cat had to be put down. It sucked and it hurt so bad- that is when I had the idea that I must place these paintings up for sale and donate the money to the animal shelter...I painted a sketch of my cat twice but it was not turning out. It was frustrating, but I figured she did not want to be shown.
That is when the dragon came up for me...I was thinking about what a powerful year 2013 is and so the year of the dragon painting happened.
"Year of the Dragon" (SOLD)
Once I did the dragon I was thinking what paired with dragons? Snakes! so hence the snake-
I ended up doing something like 15 pieces maybe...Not like they were really big, but a variety of sizes...and I think I painted for 10 weeks straight. SOLID...We had the opening on Winter Solstice and it was lovely.
The remainder of the pieces are at the salon and are still for sale. Anyone is welcome to go to the salon- 25 Kentucky st. Petaluma and check them out...and buy if you like. The prices are negotiable too! And I will gladly do custom commissions!
"Thoughtful Girl"- $25. (SOLD)

"Raven" $80. (SOLD)

"Luna Moth" $140.

"Nicole"( SOLD)

"Owl" $180.
"Snake" $200. (SOLD)




No comments:

Post a Comment