1. What's the worse thing that has happened during or after a tattoo? I think the worse thing that can happen is if someone ends up not happy with their tattoo and they don't come back to tell me. If someone is unsure about something on their tattoo once it is healed I could re work it some how, I am sure. During a tattoo- I have had some weird things- one time this lady told me how ugly everything was in the shop. That was strange. I thought why are you here getting a tattoo then?!
2. Do people pass out? Yes! On occasion. That is why I always recommend eating before getting a tattoo. It helps.
3. How did you get started in tattooing? I got lucky and I was a teenager so I just thought it sounded like a great idea! Here I am 15 years later...
4. How do you manage painting, tattooing and your new baby? This is a goodie. I multi-task like crazy! I don't watch TV, I hate resting and I don't care what my hair looks like, that is why it is always messy.
5. What do you do on down time? I don't have any! but I spend any left over time baking. And then I like antiquing. And of course, concerts!
6. What do you think about the tattoo TV shows? I think TV shows are dumb so that would go for tattoo shows too but I do like Ink Master or Mater of Ink, I like to call it. I think the people on the show are lame but what a cool opportunity they get!
7. How old were you when you got your first tattoo? I was 17. It was lenient then and I got a leopard on my back.
8. Does your husband tattoo? No. I dated other tattooers before and it was awful.
9. Why does one side of the body hurt more than the other? I am not sure but I think it has something to do with your dominant side. Most people lead with the left or right parts of their body...
10. Is it hard to tattoo older people? Kinda, older skin that has been exposed to the elements over time that was not cared for is very fragile. I have to be very careful and even so, the ink bleeds out on old skin. (like 60's and 70's).
*refer to the archives for the first round of Q&A
|Working on a art show for November|
|Monterey bay aquarium. Saw some jellies.|