Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cogen's cover up

AFTER
 This is a piece that we started in October 2011. We have had 11 sittings on it thus far, our last session was May 5, 2012. He originally got the piece about 15 years back and had been living with it unhappily the whole time. We first started talking about going into the piece and doing a major cover up on it about two years ago. It's one of the most extensive restorations I have done before. I put a lot of work into getting it where it is today. We are going to have one more session on it to do some minor touching but I am ready to move on from this piece. This was a very special piece for me to do since it was on my Sensei. The tiger below is the symbol for Shotokan karate. I think this cover up was so successful because he gave me freedom and I came up with the design.


outside of arm BEFORE
inside of arm BEFORE






















BEFORE


                                                                                               


                   

No comments:

Post a Comment